Students are the future of any nation and require a credible mentor to help them advance. The need for a teacher arises here who will guide them with both academic and extracurricular activities. A teacher is a gatekeeper for various resources and delivers information to young minds. They inspire students and bring out the best in them to strive for greatness in life. Furthermore, the teachers in various famous schools in Chennai and other cities in India shape and mould a child to make them better human beings. Apart from imparting values and knowledge, these teachers guide students through modern-day challenges and methods to resolve them.
Who Is An Ideal Teacher?
A teacher is at the heart of any process of education. They are individuals with extreme command over subjects, knowing almost everything in their specialization. Teachers keep learning throughout their life employing constant reading techniques. With a pleasant tone and a high susceptibility to adaptation, they are flexible in various situations and maintain an approachable personality in their profession with cheery faces.
A teacher can make the world a better place by helping children grow into good human beings. They have a high degree of integrity and serve as a good role model for their students. They have an affirmative attitude and are friendly to everyone. Teachers become famous when they are entitled to help mentally challenged and dyslexic students in renowned schools in Chennai, Coimbatore, or any other place in Tamil Nadu. To do so, they require higher amounts of diligence and perseverance. Owing to all the facts mentioned above, they are the most critical resources for any school.
Essential Traits Of A Good Teacher As Suggested By Famous Schools In Chennai
A few essential criteria are necessary for teachers to transform into an excellent staff in this environment. Let us see what qualities they should possess.
- Good teachers must be strong communicators as effective teaching requires brilliant communication skills.
- They must listen with patience as communication does not end with just talking. It plays a significant role in lending ears to the person on the other end. These listening skills will let them observe and address student anxieties, even when they go unexpressed in words.
- An open mind is a primary key to learning and collaborating with other professionals and educators. Ideal teachers focus better on collaboration which helps them work in a group.
- Effective teachers must be adaptable and flexible to change an evolving environment constantly. By doing this, they change their teaching strategies and practices from time to time. One such classic example is the sudden emergence of digital technology, giving complete access to knowledge through computers. Teachers get accustomed to these changes without second thoughts and get themselves upgraded.
- They are engaging with a fabulous classroom presence and establish creative learning sessions all the time.
- Empathy and understanding are other essential keys to determining each student's strengths and weaknesses.
- This helps the teacher connect better with their students. Furthermore, it makes the teachers care individually for each student based on their requirements and needs.
- A good teacher must inculcate patience no matter which age group they are handling. Any teacher needs to stay calm and composed even during the most challenging period.
- Experience in teaching is considered a valid criterion for being identified as the best teacher. Plenty of years into teaching will help them hone their essential skills. As teaching is mainly associated with experimentation, becoming an effective teacher is acquired only through experience.
- Dedication towards education with a love to learn is an essential skill to be possessed by an ideal teacher. By doing so, they expand their knowledge and pass it on to their students.
Also Read: Role Of School Playground In A Child's Health & Academic Success
Role & Importance Of Teachers In Our Life
Teachers do not teach only the academic syllabus. They are students' assets as they have the power to change and fruitfully ignite their lives. When a child is born, they are like a white slate board, knowing nothing about society and the environment. A teacher is a primary person who will provide education and knowledge to the child. Besides parents, they offer the best guidance by teaching wisdom all through their life. They provide moral support and mentor the kids endlessly.
Qualities For An Ideal Teacher According To Famous Schools In Chennai
Teachers teach students how to survive in society and guide them on the right track. Let us dive deeper to know
- Teachers must encourage students to live life to the fullest and treat fellow beings equally.
- They must tutor kids with patience as every child is unique and has a different speed to grasp and learn facts.
- Teachers have to analyze individual skills and talents and guide them accordingly.
- They must help children solve problems and face numerous challenges positively.
- Teachers should boost morale. This will help children evolve into good citizens by inculcating the best virtues and practices through famous schools in highly populated cities like Chennai, Mumbai and Delhi.
- They have to make learning more fun by making lectures more enjoyable with interactive activities.
- Furthermore, they must make learning easier by drawing real-life connections with examples.
- Teachers should encourage kids and appreciate them with phrases like 'keep it up', 'good job', 'well done', etc.
- These may sound simple, but they mean a lot for young minds and talents, which will eventually help them grow better with confidence.
The Benefits Of Joining CBSE Higher Secondary School Clubs
A teacher has several responsibilities to make the children learn and gain knowledge. The first essential aspect is to act as a mentor, role model, participant, collaborator, listener, speaker, assessor, creative thinker, planner and mediator. They have to inspire and motivate students and influence them through their activities.
Teachers must be knowledgeable and evolve with technological advancement to fit into famous schools in Chennai and other urban areas worldwide. Most importantly, they must have the potential to make teaching exciting and effective. Let us see how.
How To Be A Favorite Teacher For Students?
- Create suspense at the beginning of the class, which will keep students hooked throughout the entire session.
- Be humorous during teaching to make the students imbibe concepts with continuous attention.
- Flip the lessons to have the children interested for extended periods.
- Review the previous classes frequently to ensure that the students do not forget the lessons.
- Make the class more interactive by replacing lectures with informal brainstorming activities.
- Exchanging ideas amongst themselves is the best way to make children know and learn about a particular subject effectively.
- Allow them to teach, and you can let them grade your work for a change.
All these are fun-filled activities that teachers can include in any classroom.
Teachers take multiple roles depending on the circumstances and do not restrict themselves to only delivering information. Therefore, they are the superheroes we visualize in our day-to-day life. Celebrate them!